The Royal Academy (RA) of Art very kindly threw a leaving party for Mervyn Davies to celebrate the end of his tenure as Chairman of the RA in London. The celebration took place in the newly-built extension on Valentine’s Day 2019.
The recent completion of the building linking the rear to the front of the RA was a project completed during Mervyn’s time as Chairman. The project was the wonderful team effort of Charles Suarez Smith, CEO, extraordinaire; Christopher le Brun, President; and Mervyn Davies; all supported by the absolutely superb team at the RA.
The party guest list at the RA of Art was put together by Mervyn so it was very personal to Mervyn & Jeanne. Many of the guests were part of either Mervyn’s journey or the RA journey.
- The food was provided by Mervyn & Jeanne’s favourite event caterers Last Supper.
- The wine was provided by Mervyn & Jeanne, sourced from their very own Domaine Des Jeanne Vineyard (domainedesjeanne.ie) in order to make the party unique to themselves:
- JJ Bulle Rosé
- JJ Esprit Rosé
- JJ Prestige Rouge
Upon arrival, all guests decamped to the newly-built Lecture Theatre, where there was a conversation hosted by The President, Christopher Le Brun and Mervyn discussing the work that has taken place over the last 6 or 7 years and thanks were expressed.
To round off the evening, everyone was treated to 5 wonderful performances.
- Two genius poets from the Roundhouse Theatre;
- An undergraduate trombone player from the RC of Music, London; and
- Two singers from TalentBanq (https://talentbanq.com: Mervyn’s music company).
Each performance had a connection to Mervyn and Jeanne which made the evening so meaningful and authentic.
We are sure he will be greatly missed but will always be part of the Academy.
#ThankYouMervyn #Domainedesjeanne #royalacademy #royalacademyofarts #abersoch